Tuesday 1 July 2008

Lost star eager to leave 'paradise'

'Lost' star Matthew Fox has become the latest cast member to reveal that he's eager to complete filming the series because he's sick of its Hawaii location.
Fellow actor Evangeline Lilly recently confessed that she did not enjoy working on the series' Oahu set because she is allergic to so many things there.
Now Fox has admitted he no longer likes living there while filming.
He said: "I've been living in Hawaii for three-and-a-half years now and it's not really paradise anymore. Throwing snowballs on a mountain top is now my idea of paradise. I enjoy getting off the island.
"It's a beautiful place and my kids are happy there and it's been a good place for us to be for the past three years... but it's not a place we're gonna stay after 'Lost' is finished."
However, Fox has admitted that the major benefit of being a Hawaiian resident is the fact that he is not bothered by paparazzi.
He added: "One thing that was beneficial in Hawaii was I didn't get the whole paparazzi thing in my daily life and photographs of my kids. If it happened it would be very rare."
"There's not a lot of paparazzi who want to do the 2,500 mile trek into the South Pacific to get a picture of me walking on the beach. I think if I was living in Los Angeles it would be more difficult for me."